Q. Why use an architect?
A. Some prerequisites of the “Architect, AAA” professional designation include:
- Minimum education requirements: a Master of Architecture degree takes 6 years.
- A mandatory set of registration exams prior to licensing.
- Internship of approximately 5 years to gain specific types of experience under direct supervision of a qualified architect.
- Architecture is a self governing profession regulated provincially by the Architect’s Act, Alberta.
- Mandatory continuing education of 70 hours bi-annually.
- Annual licence renewal required.
- Architects are bound by a professional Code of Ethics.
- We have a duty to public safety and must always act in the best interest of our clients.
- See more at the Alberta Association of Architects website.
Q. Are you insured?
A. Yes! We carry professional liability insurance, also known as Errors and Omissions insurance. Ask us for more details.