You choose personal wellness; your home design should fully enable it.
A well designed home will support your wellness choices in every way and can literally cause wellness, not just today, but in the decades to come. And we might go so far as to say there’s a good chance it could actually extend your life.
We carefully consider the design of your home through all 7 aspects of human wellness: Air, Light, Water, Mind, Comfort, Nourishment and Fitness.
We do this by:
- Avoiding hidden, toxic chemicals in building materials.
- Designing air and water systems to filter out impurities.
- Paying attention to the natural cycles of daylight and the changing seasons to harmonize with your circadian rhythms.
- Designing spaces that will adapt to your changing family and social arrangements.
- Engaging biophilia – our innate connection to nature.
- By appealing to all your senses, beyond simply how it looks, with tactile and sensual qualities of materials that address the complete person.
And if that isn’t enough, add in a design process that is fun, social, collaborative and satisfying.
The end result is healthy, natural and personally sustainable. You and your family can smile and breathe easy in a home like this.
We are Seminoff Architectural.
Q. Why use an architect?
A. Some prerequisites of the “Architect, AAA” professional designation:
- Minimum education requirements: a Master of Architecture degree takes 6 years.
- A mandatory set of registration exams prior to licensing.
- Internship of approximately 5 years to gain specific types of experience under direct supervision of a qualified architect.
- Architecture is a self governing profession regulated provincially by the Architect’s Act, Alberta.
- Mandatory continuing education of 70 hours bi-annually.
- Annual licence renewal required.
- Architects are bound by a professional Code of Ethics.
- We have a duty to public safety and must always act in the best interest of our clients.
- See more at the Alberta Association of Architects website.
Q. Are you insured?
A. Yes! We carry professional liability insurance, also known as Errors and Omissions insurance. Ask us for more details.
If you answer YES to 50% or more of these questions we may be a good fit for you:
- I do my best to shop ethically and live sustainably.
- I enjoy my work and don’t like the idea of traditional retirement.
- I make time to volunteer for worthy causes.
- I am energized by change.
- I enjoy and respect people’s differences.
- Spending quality time with friends and family is a priority to me.
- I enjoy buying organic food from small local markets.
- I think holistically about my health and am open to alternatives to traditional medicine.
- It is important to periodically reflect on the meaning of life.
- I seek out and plan top-quality experiences.
- I place high importance on physical exercise and spiritual growth.
- The possibility of ecological calamity must be taken seriously.
At Seminoff Architectural we value…
… looking upwards with a visionary view of the future, daringly optimistic we will leave the world better than we found it, not only tomorrow or next week, but next century and beyond. We are ever curious about how the world works and what it can teach us. With a sense of urgency, we are interested in elevating our culture in large and small ways, surprising and delighting people as we go.
… looking inwards, grounded in self awareness, understanding our own limitations yet confronting and overcoming them to embrace personal growth. We seek wellness, wholeness, completeness, so that as we thrive in body, mind and spirit we will function daily with efficiency, clarity and vitality.
… looking outwards, respecting people for their innate human value and the unique story they are living, overlapping our own story with unity and harmony, allowing others freedom to contribute meaningfully to developing ideas that are larger than any one person. Understanding that our best work is a result of our conduct, language, ethics and attention to detail: we aim to be truly world class, remarkable and professional in everything we do.